+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long time no se...

Default Long time no se...

I'm still alive.

I´m going to China for a few gigs. And I have no idea what amp I will get. I will play americana, Tom Waits-style, G and B-bender and slide. My tele will do the job I hope. I need OD, Reverb, Delay, Tremolo, Boost, Tuner and Compressor.

My current plan is:

Keeley Compressor - PolyTune - BJFE Honey BEE - XTC Precision OD - Timmy - Keeley Super Mod Workstation (for reverb, tremolo and delay).

What are your thoughts. I don't have a clue about amps. But I need those functions.

So they are providing you with a backline amp locally? That could get interesting. Sounds like you have everything covered on the pedalboard. Just in case, may I suggest some sort of DI box in case you have to go to PA.

*by the way congratulations on the China gig, that sounds pretty sweet.
    Last edited by jaydee; 06-09-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Agree a DI would be a good option, if anything keep time to shop the chinese stuff. Might discover something nice.

That's a good point Ben. I remember growing up in the 50's and 60's Japanese goods were considered cheap and inferior, which at the time they were they were. As history has shown us, nothing wrong with Japanese craftmanship at all. I believe the cheap Chinese goods like pedals, electronics and autos etc. will eventually be world class if they are mandated to improve their quality, and the market starts to support and accept higher quality (and more expensive) goods from China, they are clever people.

+ Reply to Thread