+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shout Out Keeley Customer Service

Default Shout Out Keeley Customer Service

I bought a Keeley Mod workstation a couple years ago when they first came out. It's an excellent all in one modulation pedal with a Katana boost and a separate Overdrive built in as well, so you can use it as a one pedal grab 'n go. One of the 4 LED's on the pedal went janky, so I emailed Sean in the Keeley service dept. Within a half hour Sean called me and told me he would waive the usual repair fee of $30, just send it in and he would replace all the LED's and possibly the switches also if warranted. Pretty darn good customer service. If anyone has any reservations about Keeley backing up their pedals, I can dispel that notion. I had a similar experience with Mad Professor, I think the good guys deserve our business.

Great! We should post more on those with great customer service.

From my personal experience. I had great service from Morley and Tech21Nyc. Not repair service but help with either parts or mods and schematic questions.

I had a good experience with Tech 21 also, guy named Lloyd? or Floyd I think, took good care of me. Paul Cochrane (Timmy), he's good. Actually, many of the 'name' builders like Analogman, Dave Fox (FoxRox), Tim Jauernig, Dave Barber. Geoffrey Teese was helpful and many I'm missing, those guys are all reputable. There's just a few guys that are crooks or just bad service, and there's reams of threads about them on other gear forums.
    Last edited by jaydee; 02-16-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Llyod He's the one who helped me with the "standard mod" of my PSA-1. That mod is now standard on their newer version.

Other forums? I don't belong on other forums I"ll stumble upon them from google search but never had the urge to sign up.

Got it back today. Keeley replaced all 3 switches and one of the LED's, though it was beyond the warranty period. Out to Oklahoma and back to California, repaired, in a week and a half.

Good stuff ! Now the question did the old parts sound better than the new ones hahahahahaha

My public service announcement relates to Keeley: the 1962x kicks all kinds of ass, has got to be the most amplike pedal I have played that doesn't have a tube in it! Absoutely nails the Beano tone like nobody's business. Biggest surprise in a long time. Even gives my Cuda a run for its money.
    -meedley meedley woooOOOo-

Hey Nathan, glad to see you surfaced. That's one of the things that steered me to the Mod Workstation. It's got a 1962x OD, an Oxblood OD, AND a Katana Boost, along with the Tremolo, Harmonic Trem, Flanger, Phaser, Filter, Chorus, Rotary speaker, and Auto Double Tracker all in the same pedal. Great grab 'n go one pedal option.
    *too bad they discontinued them. They still make the Super Mod Wokrstation, which concentrates on the modulation effects and gives you more control there, and ditches the OD's + Boost.
    Last edited by jaydee; 02-26-2018 at 06:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread