+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New gear day!

Default New gear day!

Always fun when new gear shows up... today it's piece of gear I missed from my Mastering days. Took a while to score a good deal on it... it still is being sold new. But patience and persistence has yet again worked its magic for me on this one.

It sits in a roadcase for now until I finish building my desk(I'm sloooooowly on it) design is done a matter of getting to buying the material and finding the time do get to it and do all the wood work and finishing.
    Anyhow here's a picture(from the selling ad)... SPL 9629 De-Esser... it ain't pedals or guitar stuff but a de-esser is a nice tool that I won't only use for voice... it does wonder on acoustic guitars also when used creatively
    SPL 9629_1.jpg

Oh and I also just got a Seagull Merlin, Mahogany top with BBand preamp&tuner built in.
    This thing is too much fun !!! I'll take pictures... yes I will plug it in my guitar rig...

Cool! I do wonder though, in the case of a de-esser, why would you choose a hardware unit over a plugin? Seems like this is one of the few tasks where a plugin would probably beat analog, at least as far as precision and transparency goes.
    ----------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    www.facebook.com/angeloboltini - Solo Page
    http://www.facebook.com/forthebirdsnl - Band Page

yes I will plug it in my guitar rig...
    It is a plug in.

Quote Originally Posted by NJlo View Post
    Cool! I do wonder though, in the case of a de-esser, why would you choose a hardware unit over a plugin? Seems like this is one of the few tasks where a plugin would probably beat analog, at least as far as precision and transparency goes.
    Because I treat the DAW as a tape machine, I get the sound fixed before hitting it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    It is a plug in.
    Yep the Merlin is a plug in haha. I'll take pictures today.

+ Reply to Thread