+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I got a new Keyboard

Default I got a new Keyboard

I sold my old Yamaha MO 6 which is a stripped down Yamaha Motif synth/workstation and got a Roland FA 06 Synth/Workstation. It's a mid level board, sort of like buying an American Standard Strat instead of a MIM one on the lower end, or a custom shop model on the high end, and they go for around 1200-1300 new, but I usually buy used off Craigslist, which I did for $750 in great condish. 2000 ROM 'tones' which is what Roland calls patches, plus sequencer and sampler.
    I know most of you aren't keyboard players, but damn does a good synth come in handy in the studio to have, say, a symphony orchestra or pianos, organs etc. Fat tracks! If the budget increases, I'd go for a Nord 5D, but this will hold me in good stead until then.

IMG_4773.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

Always nice to get a good deal and score on the used. Excuse my ignorance but the number keypad is used for what besides preset recall.

It's getting very quiet on here lately.

My latest gear focus is on the music room stuff, but I keen an eye opened you never know what the next deal will be.
    My next project is definitely the studio desk... been on this for the longest time doing drawings and changing my mind numerous times in the process. Next main saving for will be the acoustic treatment of the room.

Yeah, a lot of crickets lately. The numeric pad is to trigger samples on the fly. One of these days I'm going to build up a proper home studio, but it'll likely be after we move from the Bay Area-living cost is way too high here.

Of no association what so ever except i dig the tune I'll put in this tune out there. It was a soundtrack tune from the movie "In the Electric Mist' with Tommy Lee Jones and John Goodman (with a small part by Blues great Buddy Guy as a Creole) about Cajuns in Louisiana. This version is sung by a Paris based band Mrs Good. Killer vocals, though my French is beyond bad....The Trembling Earth

Last edited by jaydee; 08-17-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Nice Keyboard Jaydee. I have played with a lot of different keyboard players in the last time. and i like the Nord the most in a Band situation...
    -war is terrorism with bigger budget-

+ Reply to Thread