+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sad news... Local fame LeStudio burnt down...*

Icon9 Sad news... Local fame LeStudio burnt down...*

Local fame LeStudio burnt down...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...ghts-1.4243188

Bummer. Seems like the go to recording studio for Eastern Canada. Hope they can rebuild.

Well if you're not familiar with the story on the building... it's been empty for years. Left abandoned and without maintenance it's been long time stripped out of any gear. At one point only the piano and billiard table(you see famous footage of the place in Rush Tom Sayer videos...) The piano eventually got stolen... few months ago outside windows got broken(vandals) inside the place was already a mess thanks to vandals. It was in a sad state. A group of people were doing report visits and uploading to youtube. There's a facebook group "save le studio" also a webpage www.rebuildlestudio.com that was started in an attempt of saving the building and at the very least turn into a museum. Merch is being sold has the rights to the fame logo were legally acquired to do so. Sad state, I have been in that place personnaly as a starting engineer. Many famous acts went there and not only local guys; Rush, Bowie, Chicago, The Police, Sting solo, April Wine, Bryan Adams, Nazareth,Queensryche, BeeGees, Asia, Cat Stevens and many many others you can google it if you want to.

Last I read from the guy behind the rebuild group and effort, not all the building was affected by the fire the Studio part was still "intact" I'll be buying some merch soon. They went up there to clean and start fixing it July24th... literally days before this fire happened. I'm anxisouly waiting on what's coming next. I'm considering lending a hand if schedule allows. I'm devastated at the state of things. Very sad thing.

I didn't get the whole back story, Hopefully, someone with deep pockets can restore it to its former glory. Any merch T shirts with the studio logo. I'd be up to purchase one of those to help support them in a small way if it's helping the right folks.

The intent is to turn the place into a museum. Such a studio wouldn't be financially sustainable anymore, which is why the original owner sold it, and the subsequent owner also. The current owner I don't know his intentions but he left the place abandoned for many years I know the "rebuild le studio" effort is having access to the place with the consent of the current owner. The property is not only the building... but a big land property(233 acres).

Quick history... not all 100% accurate as most Wikipedia things but decent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Studio

Just gotten some information from of the people of the rebuild group... not all the building got burned down. Since the place was build up as it grew in additions to the core building... the Studio space of the building is still up. Effort will still be ongoing with current owner's consent. ( I don't know who the current owner is except that it was purchased under a numerical company name and I know the first name of the owner but don't know who he is and wouldn't share his name publicly if I knew unless it was public already).

+ Reply to Thread