+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One day vacation for me. Fell in love with Diana.(she is acustic and powerful)

Default One day vacation for me. Fell in love with Diana.(she is acustic and powerful)

Hi brothers. I couldnt make my mind on the topic.
    I had a long day hunting for gear and testing in the USA.

Sorry i tell long stories.
    My brain deserves a break tonight after weeks of research and analysis on what I really need.

My plan was:
    Test a Friedman Runt 20 combo.
    Did it but it actually was only the head on a Mesa cab. Not that impressed,couldnt get enough gain. My fault or amp was badly cabled.

Pedals i was looking for: empress echosystem. Not in stock until July. Have to wait on it.
    I wanted to test a Digitech drop/ Vibronaut and Wahs but the stores didnt have them.

I ended testing a Ep booster/Xotix Sp Compressor/Friedman Be-OD which almost bought it. And a Friedman Sir compre.
    Out of those i also almost bought the Xotic Sp.

I heard some nice tone with the Sp but could not dial for my life the Friedman Sir Compre.
    I bought then the logical stuff: Box of strings and several Ac Adapters i needed to have. Some for spares. You see it is cheaper than a powerstation. And safer to have on stage ImHO.

Here comes the magic that happened.
    I was about to finish my day on the store, actually i did one store in the morning and the 2nd one in the afternoon.
    I just wandered into the acoustics room and started testing some Taylors, One Martin Custom, an Alvarez and tested a Breedlove Atlas(used one with a headstock minor scar)
    Guys I fell head over heels in love with her sweet yet powerful voice. And she is a beauty too.
    I ended buying her. That wasnt in my plans at all!!
    I didnt care if wife would kick me in the nuts or not. I came back with Diana( as in Wonder Woman Diana). Will record many songs with her i bet. She inspires to go places.
    Last edited by rologibson; 05-31-2017 at 06:04 AM.

isnt she beautiful?
    She is a Breedlove Atlas model PASSPORT D20 FS.

14962515549321628000234.jpg
    Last edited by rologibson; 05-31-2017 at 07:27 PM.

1496198282909190068891.jpg her back colors look
    like tone honey.

Rolo is going acoustic? What next, you will become the Honduran John Denver. "Take me home, jungle roads.....to that place with frogs and toads..."
    The first attachment with the front of the guitar was an invalid attachment, need to re post that one. I had an SP compressor and it one of the best if not THE best for a compressor in a small box. I like the Diamond, Earthquaker Devices Warden, and the Carl Martin a little better, among ones I have actually owned.

Haha John Im still heavy maybe 50% less heavy

If could be like John Denver i would sing about living free in the mountains with Wonder Woman and all her friends. I would also have to sing about our delicious food.

Nice addition, we all need at least one acoustic in the arsenal. Build up your finger strength with that one... that's an obvious bonus of an acoustic used frequently.

+ Reply to Thread