+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Documentary: 1) The Art Of Listening. 2) Distortion of Sound.

Default Documentary: 1) The Art Of Listening. 2) Distortion of Sound.

This other one is a short view:

I´ve been busy work, family, drinking coffee and Zombie Web Surfing.

Also been trying to record my songs at home. Using Interfase and Mixcraft7 software.
    First test conducted sounded like a broken atari was humping my PC.

Second trial couldnt even record a single take.

Had to read more about it on Youtube.

THis monday will try again wish me luck. Seems an easy software tool, I am the Neanderthal here.

Good to share brothers.

I am with you on the Neanderthal deal, except I have more Cro Magnon genes. I have developed an interesting concept: 2 circular stones joined by a pc of wood so you can roll heavy objects. I think I'll call it a wheel.

Rolo, the learning curve on computer recording when you are not real savvy using them interferes with my creativity. I spend all my time trying to learn the nuts and bolts of the recording process...instead of actually recording. I have gotten excellent results with a Tascam Portastudio. A DP 24 SD to be exact. Records in 24 bit audio on up to 24 tracks and is way more intuitive to me than the whole pro tools etc stuff. Saves your songs on common SD cards which you can pop into your computer for further manipulation with software if you wish. It has on board Mastering tools, effects, compression, de esser etc. I have produced a 16 track (mostly originals) CD project and I just finished a 2nd 12 song CD. The results are really quite good considering. More than good enough for a demo.
    Last edited by jaydee; 03-18-2017 at 04:07 PM.

I"m currently getting back into using a DAW at home last time I did so was in 94 right before I jumped in studio land and spent the next 12yrs working on pro DAW and gear... I need to devote TIME to it that's the main thing I lack, once I get into the habit of a time slot I should be alright. I have a day job and teach guitar 2 nights a week, add family life and taking care of things around the house... you get the picture! A day job sucks so much time out of your schedule lol Seriously I need to physically setup a quick and dirty setup and post-poned to fully ergonomic desk I think I'd be going too fast trying to get the desk done right off the bat...

+ Reply to Thread