+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To Boost or not: Part 2-Voodoo Labs Giggity?

Default To Boost or not: Part 2-Voodoo Labs Giggity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R489AvwjJs

Someone mentioned the Giggity in the EP Booster thread so I had to check it out. Hey this thing looks like the real deal. Anyone checked one out in person? Seems to fatten single coils as well as any unit I've seen out there and really is much more than just a booster.

Just get a humbucker lol

I mean the guy kept telling how it makes a strat sounds like a Les Paul...
    Last edited by GloŽbz; 03-30-2012 at 05:26 PM.

+1 Globrz
    We are all very hard to please "tone seekers".
    Jaydee that boost really is shaping tone, hope you get to test it and that it helps u on your quest. I`m at home with humbuckers so I am looking to boost keeping my lows intact. Most tone gurus swear that guitars main sound are in the mids.

Most players ditch testing guitar cables but I can testify that cables can make any tone trebly, middy or muddy. Remember to check out pro level cables that might help u push out more lows from your Strats. (I remember that the Klotz Le grunge is one cable that fattens things up, go check lavacables.com)
    Last edited by rologibson; 03-30-2012 at 06:23 PM.

I see your point about just getting a humbucker equipped guitar but if I can get a fat tone at the stomp of a pedal instead of swapping out my Tele mid solo, which I like the way it is with the 2 singles as it happens. Occasionally wish I had that fat humbucker tone for certain solos though and it would seem to be a viable option for that use. Remember that this unit allows you to cut or boost either low and upper mids and also has a 4 separate voicings. I think stating it 'will make your Tele sound like a Les Paul' possibly does it a disservice. I'd rather say this may make your inherently thin if lovely sounding single coil tone fatter than Snooki Polizzi's butt. Maybe it's just me but specs look useful and the demo is convincing if qualified by the usual skepticism a video demo entails IMHO. Anyways, wondering if anyone had real world experience with it as after all, most of the hub bub over the EP Booster is over similar tonal 'enhancement' not as a pure booster.

I think the Giggity is an awesome idea, like a MUCH BETTER Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster. Which was a good idea, but poor execution (no unity gain available.) Honesty, what "scares" me about the Giggity is that it's TOO tweakable... the older I get, the more I like stuff simple. I kinda' either like it or I don't. I don't want an El Capistan super tape delay, I want a Memory Boy. I don't need a plethora of OD for different tones, one will do fine. I'm currently on a fuzz crusade, but in the end will pair that down to ONE or maybe two keepers. I'd love to have an amp with just a tone control instead of a full EQ (of course, I'd have to LOVE the amp to begin with... the SWART stuff fits this bill).

With all the possibilities of the Giggity, and as awesome as it definitely is in those demos, I'm shying away... TMK...Too Many Knobs. lol

Haven't seen (or heard?) a Giggity in the wild yet.
    Seems like a useful box. The EP will never turn a Tele into an LP, just a BIG tele. Fulltone FB (any generation of it) is also very versatile and fattening.
    Gar Nals ship is not in it's hangar.

http://soundcloud.com/klasaine

+ Reply to Thread