+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soothing Django tune+ at 2:53 Metal is born

Default Soothing Django tune+ at 2:53 Metal is born

Nice video of Django showing his talent. (HE ONLY USED TWO FINGERS TO PLAY THE FRETBOARD!!)

AT 2:53 METAL IS BORN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzz6f...eature=related

Now I am digging some Nina Simone! I don`t know what`s gotten into me. Maybe the proton rain and/or Sun massive flares are pole shifting my brain into Jazz??. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhy_r...eature=related

not sure how you equate that to 'the birth of metal', but it's a great clip of the great man playing himself.

Regarding Django's two fingers, when you start to learn about him it's all the chords he plays (with just two fingers) that really messes with the mind!

anyway, the sad side of 'Jazz Manouche' or 'Gypsy Jazz' is that there were relatively few innovators after Django (and a few of his contempories). But believe me when I say that the five fingered generations after him who try and keep his work alive have their hands full doing so.

Well said AR. Rolo, I welcome your ears opening up to other forms of music other than Hard Rock & Metal, not to say they don't have their place. A solid understanding and appreciation of the complexities of Classical and Jazz music would likely inform your playing in a positive way regardless of the style of music you hold nearest to your heart. You would be very very far from the first rock player to embrace jazz as you age and cognition moves from scrotum to cerebellum.

haha Jaydee you killing me with the sentence: "as you age and cognition moves from scrotum to cerebellum" haha Hey I still need the scrotum tingling fun! lol Yeah I get it because it is fun to appreciate more complex melodies and find a connection.

Atomic: I just copy what a dude said in the comment section of the video.It just a really fast scale rundown that nowadays is normal and expected on metal or shred playing. Not really making a huge musical statement. I like melodic jazz vibe, but still guitar has all my heart and attention like no other instrument. I wonder if a rock band uses a belly dancer that would capture me for sure....

+ Reply to Thread