+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent / Future Aquisitions?

Default Recent / Future Aquisitions?

Just wondering what recent gear aquisitions people have investing in?

I have invested in a few bits and bobs and have more coming. I absolutely love all of my new purchases and anticipate to continue with my home recording project with my new gear very soon, and to shortly be using some of my aquisitions in a band / live setting (I work in Belgium during the week and travel back 7 - 8 hours to the UK every weekend, so ensemble playing has been very limited of late). Once I have really put things through their paces in both the recording and live scenarios I will pass final judement, but here are my initial thoughts:

- Super Reverb RI. My first Fender amp. Does what one would expect of it. Sounds great with the eternity in front, lovely and MASSIVE reverb. I already adore this amp, BUT it doesn't compete with my Marshall 1974 for clean tone touch responsiveness, harmonic overtones or tremolo (much more choppy and 'fendery'). They are two very different amps (Marshall vs. Fender) I guess this is to be expected.

- Teese picture wah. Wah is my #1 effect and it took me a while to get used to the different sweep settings (via a toggle switch) and feel of the pedal (been playing out of the box cry babys over the course of the last 18 years). It stinks of quality however and unlike any wah I have used before, can be left on in any position and still sound musical. It is a work of art, so much so that I'll probably get a cheaper wah to take to jams etc. for fear of my baby being damaged lost or stolen in anyway.

- Creepyfingerz 'Fuzzbud'. Based on the fuzz section of a coloursound fuzz wah. This pedal is made perfectly. It has huge volume boost, cleans up with the volume and sounds very 60's / Garage rock. It is nowhere near as tonally flexible as my fuzz faces (germanium in my CCII and Hot silicon both by Dave Fox), but is already my secret weapon. It works well with my fender (sounds just like the various demos to be found on the internet). It took a while to be made but was well worth the wait.

- TC flashback delay ... my wife just e mailed me to say that she got really excited thinkin that someone had sent her a suprise present to her work ... but it was my delay pedal. I need a battery powered delay and hope that it does a job.

On order:

- Black nash 63 style tele. I am immeasurably excited!

What I want:

- Dirty Little Secret ... can get a reasonably priced v.1 from eBay. Does anyone have experience with these and can comment on the differences between v.1 and v.2?
    - Lollar pick ups for my Squire tele ...

I'm interested in 'Creepy fingers' stuff.

Me, new ...
    DAM pro mk.II Tonebender
    TC Flashback dly
    Both great!

EH 'Freeze' - fun, pretty cool. I don't use it a lot. *It's noisy if you don't use it's power supply or a iso'd pwr sply like a VL PP.

Sequis 'motherload' - load box, attenuator, speaker sim.
    AWESOME ... makes my recording life a lot easier and sounds and FEELS infinitely better than plug-ins or PODS etc.

On the way ...

Burns 'Buzz-a-round' - Early Crimson Fripp fuzz. done by a small boutique guy out here.

Blankenship Vari-Plex. 50 watt custom Marshall style head.
    Gar Nals ship is not in it's hangar.

http://soundcloud.com/klasaine

Set of A5 Zhangbuckers (Woodbucker neck and wide-slugbucker bridge) coming for my 339...if these don't do it I am going to move it out...love the guitar but getting more articulate wound strings is a must...

Waiting list for a D*A*M MKII tonebender

Eventually...a Chambered Les Paul if the 339 doesn't pan out
    Demeter Reverbarator or Fulltone TTE or some sort of non-digital delay/reverb device...
    Interested in trying the Gtrwks bV and 19sixty3...Skinpimp MK I and III Tonebenders...Scarab Deluxe...these are not needs but rather curiousities...

Chow,
    Seegs
    Last edited by Seegs; 09-17-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Just bought a PA for rehearsals and for those live gigs where they don't have one.. Two Peavey PV215 speakers (they scare people when you roll 'em in) and a heavy-as-hell Spirit power amp. Sounds great!

I wanna invest in a good power supply by the time I have some cash again though
    ----------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    www.facebook.com/angeloboltini - Solo Page
    http://www.facebook.com/forthebirdsnl - Band Page

Quote Originally Posted by *Atomic*Richey* View Post
    - Dirty Little Secret ... can get a reasonably priced v.1 from eBay. Does anyone have experience with these and can comment on the differences between v.1 and v.2?
    I LOVE my DLS. I have no idea if it's a 1 or 2? I may have some recorded stuff available in a while but not before your opportunity to buy probably.
    *there's a v.3 too. I'm sure a ton of guys will sell there 1 and 2 cheap ... until it turns out that 1 and 2 are better - lol!

Oh, and Fulltone 'Soulbender' on the way too!
    Last edited by klasaine; 09-15-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Gar Nals ship is not in it's hangar.

http://soundcloud.com/klasaine

I just traded a DLS V2 and a '97 US Std Strat for a mint cond Ernie Ball Sting Ray Bass. Damn that thing kicks my P Basses ass IMHO. The guys band I got it from won the Warp Tour Battle of the bands a few years back and won $50,000 worth of gear and this was part of the haul. I also got a Music Man 75 head around 30 years old for $100 on Craigslist-great clean tones there and channel 2 is labeled Bass complete with the Bassman like 'Deep switch' and I'll be darned if it doesn't make a good recording/practice Bass amp or gigging amp with PA support as well as an exc guitar amp for cleans. Also picked up a somewhat rare Marshall 1961 cab-it looks just like the 1960 except it has 2 Celestion G12 75's oriented offset. Not as much thump as the same cab with 4 X 12 but sounds pretty darn good nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    I just traded a DLS V2 and a '97 US Std Strat for a mint cond Ernie Ball Sting Ray Bass. Damn that thing kicks my P Basses ass IMHO. The guys band I got it from won the Warp Tour Battle of the bands a few years back and won $50,000 worth of gear and this was part of the haul. I also got a Music Man 75 head around 30 years old for $100 on Craigslist-great clean tones there and channel 2 is labeled Bass complete with the Bassman like 'Deep switch' and I'll be darned if it doesn't make a good recording/practice Bass amp or gigging amp with PA support as well as an exc guitar amp for cleans. Also picked up a somewhat rare Marshall 1961 cab-it looks just like the 1960 except it has 2 Celestion G12 75's oriented offset. Not as much thump as the same cab with 4 X 12 but sounds pretty darn good nonetheless.
    is the Sting Ray active or passive?

Atomic.
    Cool to read you dig the Marshall dynamic responsiveness. Itīs a matter of feeling connected to your gear and feeling comfortable to play, I guess.

+1 on the Teese quality gear. I love my RMC8, it is just made with love/detail quality totally agree.

I just got my new MXR Flanger 117R model (I thought it was the old reissue version from the photo on Toyz) but got the new reissues.
    After detailed side by side comparison I like the new version it is very defined and rich sounding.My old MXR sounds more lay back and rounder. Still delicious but the new baby also sunds delicious just more in your face with mids which are cool.

I am waiting for:
    ** New set of shortcables from lavacables from the brand "Van den Hul cables" made in sweden, they kick major ass.

**I am also very anxious in getting my hands on a Green Rhino MKII overdrive, it should be my ultimate OD to sculpture my lead and riffing tones.

**A new loop pedal(to mantain my signal fidelity when pedals are out of loop) by Radial Engineering Bigshot Looper model.

**Two pickups by Seymour Duncan(one SH-5 for bridge and a Alnico Pro Humbucker for neck, to customize my Michael Kelly Patriot and to challenge my SG-400 axe with seymour duncan pickup tones.

**a nice amp channel switcher that can be link to change two amps with one stomp made by Radial Engineer also call SW2 switcher.

There you go that is my end of the world plan. Maybe another guitar if I can figure out which axe could tonally beat my SEymour DUncan customize guitars.... Fuzz pedals seem a very far fetched idea.. and mighty Freeze box or a Neunaber Reverb which also seem to hang the notes eternally are more likely good to me.

It's active AR. Has that massive active humbucker and active Low. Mid. Treble EQ as well which is all stock on the SRP1050919.jpg. It growls and is articulate to play complex chords on without turning to mush. I love it. Not the best pic. If you're looking for a Bass check out the MM Sting Ray AR!

The only thing I've gotten recently is a used Korean made Fender Custom Telecaster FMT HH back in June. I'm loving it. Nice and light weight, covers my mahogany/humbucker needs. I did get a Sommer Grindycop Beast cable, and it's a great cable, but I went back to my Mogami. Just seems to work better for me. I'm kind of boring these days. Just happy with what I've got. Sometimes see something that looks interesting like the gtrwrks bV or 19 Sixty 3, but haven't been interested enough to actually buy anything.

I have been doing some pick experiments with the new guitar. I have been experimenting with thicker picks with the FMT HH. The Gravity pick I got (3mm Classic) is a very nice pick. I may get some more to experiment with. It has a certain type of fullness that other picks don't. I'm not talking about a lot of bass content (it does have plenty though), but maybe more harmonic content. But, I'm not sold on the tones when I pick really lightly. I did like a .75mm V-pick I got, so I may try a lighter Gravity pick. I still like the .75mm Rainbow Pickboy Classic Cellulose picks with my Danocaster and Nash, except when I want a fatter jazzier clean tone, then the Gravity pick works great. There are things I really like about very thick picks, but it seems like I can get more finesse out of a .75mm celluloid pick.

+ Reply to Thread