+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your fav power solution?

Default Your fav power solution?

My Visual Sound OneSpot is pretty much on the verge of death so I thought it'd be time to move on up to a more reliable, quieter and cleaner looking powering solution for the board. I've been eyeing the GigRig Generator/Distributor combo but nothing's settled yet. What do you guys do for power?

Also, maybe some better patch leads will help but those Lava Cable and George L sets are pretty darn expensive! What do you guys think?
    ----------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    www.facebook.com/angeloboltini - Solo Page
    http://www.facebook.com/forthebirdsnl - Band Page

I use both Voodoo Labs 'pedal power' and T-Rex 'fuel tank' power supplies. You should notice a huge difference in noise level from the one spot especially if you run more than 3 pedals. (I still use a use a 1 spot for two or three pedals.)
    I don't like George L's anymore. Sonically, there's a high-end thing going on with them that bugs me (one or two is fine but I started to notice it with more than two patch cables). I generally now use DiMarzio short patch cables or make my own from Belden cable. I also have some Lava short cables and they seem pretty good.
    Gar Nals ship is not in it's hangar.

http://soundcloud.com/klasaine

I've been using a BBE Supa Charger which is basically their version of a PP and like Ken, still use a One Spot (actually a Godlyke Powerall which is pretty much the same unit but for some reason works better and is "quieter" than the One-Spot with my setup) when I have 3 or 4 pedals setup. For patch cables I'm still using my ProCo's and a Mogami set from some guy who used to post on TGP and did some very nice work for very reasonable $.

^^^ This^^^
    I've had a Voodoo for years, still works great. Never an issue.
    I too, do not like George L's for similar reasons. I used to have all matching patch cables, but anymore just a hodge podge of them. With my minimal pedal setup now, I'd love to get the Lava coil patch cables, that would be a cool looking board.
    2012...Let's do this

scott, stop being modest. we know what kind of power supply you really have out back behind the house.

I use a Pedal Power I for board number one, a Pedal Power II for board number two. I've never had a problem with George Ls and continue to use them - their low capacitance enhances the highs, lets more presence get through allowing me to attenuate as I choose.
    Nobody special.

I'm using the pp2 for power and Lava cable. (the lava kit is under $100 if I remember) They are a big improvement from the George L's I was using. More reliable as well.
    Last edited by MHermans; 08-08-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Lava kit is $89. I think it's worth it...
    http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/gtrstuff/lava.php

Quote Originally Posted by L*F*B View Post
    I use a Pedal Power I for board number one, a Pedal Power II for board number two. I've never had a problem with George Ls and continue to use them - their low capacitance enhances the highs, lets more presence get through allowing me to attenuate as I choose.
    This sounds very interesting. Makes lots of sense, something that never crossed my mind.
    2012...Let's do this

One spot is what I use... and a battery for the wah.
    But I dont use much and this is more than required.

Patch and guitar cables I use DiMarzio.
    My total cable lenght is 16'6" you can add 12" for my fx loop if you want to account for every bit of cabling.
    Which is shorter than some guys playing with no pedals direct to amp.
    Having the amp in front of me does help keeping the total lenght short.
    Last edited by GloŽbz; 08-08-2011 at 02:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread