+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new strap locks

Default My new strap locks

I think I replied to someone's thread awhile back, but here's the latest.

For years I've used Schallers and several years ago switched to the Dunlops. The past 5 years I've grown to hate any of them for various reasons. I still felt unprotected with some guitars.

Awhile back I came across some people using beer gaskets for straplocks. Like on Grolsch Beer, the little red rubber gasket. So I bought a four pack! Drank two, used the gaskets and they work perfectly for my needs. I will no longer purchase strap locks!

Now, I can't drink that many beers! So, I found on the bay 100 count of the gaskets, $12.49 shipped! They are on their way as I write this. Hopefully they will be the same and work alright. I don't have 50 guitars, so if they do work and some of you don't want to buy 100 or drink enough beer, let me know and I'll send you some of the ones I have coming.

I like that they are cheap enough that I don't care about losing them and can leave them laying around if it so happens. If I start gigging again, I'll just throw a few sets in each case.

Here's a quick google search of what I'm talking about in-case you might not know.
    http://www.midwestsupplies.com/grols...100-count.html
    2012...Let's do this

Why did you switch from the Schallers?

http://www.myspace.com/littlerockguitar

"Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall, after the B.S. is done."

I used them for years Swain. I think it was when I got into LP's again, I thought the Dunlop strap pin itself looked better than the Schallers on LP's. Purely cosmetic.

Thing is now, I don't want to mess with drilling in larger holes and such on guitars anymore. I used to always use larger screws and super glue them so they wouldn't move for a long time.
    2012...Let's do this

Nice alternative to straplocks.
    Last edited by rologibson; 07-27-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Hey, at least you got some real good Dutch beer with it

(Unlike, say, Heineken.. Stuff tastes like water..)
    ----------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    www.facebook.com/angeloboltini - Solo Page
    http://www.facebook.com/forthebirdsnl - Band Page

Jack I'm in for trying those. If you care to send 2 my way I'll see what I think of them.
    Like you I used the dunlop one at one point for cosmetic reasons... but went to schaller and never had a problem since.
    I also like the fact that schallers will fit right off the bat on a Fender or Godin guitar as the standard strap pin on there are compatible with the schaller.

Having a cheap alternative might get me back into being fashionable with various straps
    Seriously take a couple of quick pictures to show us how they work for you.

Found a place around the corner 1.29 a doz! In so in....Thanx again MrB
    "My son, guitar obssesion is not an ill...it is a blessing. As are the nudy photos...hahaha...Halleluiah" - Reverend Murphy

Sure thing Ben. Put strap on, work rubber washer over the stock button onto top of strap. Play favorite Poison lick and be sure to wear spandex...potato/sock stuffed optional!

Cool Murph. They seem to work ok for you?
    2012...Let's do this

I see!

Okay, I was just wondering.

Thanks for the head's up on the Rubber Washers. I think I'll get some, and share them with all of my Students.

Rock On!

http://www.myspace.com/littlerockguitar

"Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall, after the B.S. is done."

I found 'em on their website after they closed, gonna stop this week sometime...
    Simon( the boy) is especially excited cause he scored an awesome LP ( Epi custom shop w/ Burstbuckers and switchcrafts, mallories and some pretty nice woods- great deal on it-I couldn't let him walk away...haha...sounds awesome)
    and he doesn't wanna drop it ( cause of course he's using the long skinny JP looking strap)
    Thanks for the heads up!
    "My son, guitar obssesion is not an ill...it is a blessing. As are the nudy photos...hahaha...Halleluiah" - Reverend Murphy

+ Reply to Thread