+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Return to Forever

Default Return to Forever

Saw these guys last night in Northampton, MA and highly recommend you see them if they are anywhere near you. Most of the original group-Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White.....this group (V4) also has Jean Luc Ponty and Frank Gambale (in place of Al D.)....They did an electric set followed by an "acoustic" set with some great answer/response playing from Ponty and Clarke. Multiple standing ovations both during and after almost every number. They are off on a Euro tour for the next month but back in the states in August (Boston on the 11th-we got front row for that one).

Whether you like play blues/rock/metal/country etc. these guys are absolutely inspiring and will make you want to play (or quit playing!!).....look them up and get a ticket....you won't be sorry!!!

MF
    Last edited by Moore-Fiend; 06-26-2011 at 03:14 PM.

I had no idea they were still playing! Absolutely transcendent music IMO.
    -meedley meedley woooOOOo-

Their gig at North Sea Jazz fest in two weeks was sold out before I could get a ticket (you have to pay extra for some concerts, bastards..) Ima try and find one anyways, even though I'm not that big on Chick myself. Gotta be cool to see Jean Luc Ponty though!
    ----------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    www.facebook.com/angeloboltini - Solo Page
    http://www.facebook.com/forthebirdsnl - Band Page

Quote Originally Posted by NJlo View Post
    Their gig at North Sea Jazz fest in two weeks was sold out before I could get a ticket (you have to pay extra for some concerts, bastards..) Ima try and find one anyways, even though I'm not that big on Chick myself. Gotta be cool to see Jean Luc Ponty though!
    Jean, Stanley and Lenny really carried the show-Chick did some really nice "acoustic" piano pieces with Jean though. Good luck with getting a ticket....I can't wait for the Boston show.....

I'm not a massive fan of Chick OR Stanley ... but would I pay top dollar to see them live: well yes I would.

Am I jealous: yes I am

+ Reply to Thread