+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think there are too many FUZZ pedals. Which are the top 20 pedals or top 10?

Default I think there are too many FUZZ pedals. Which are the top 20 pedals or top 10?

I am not hunting for boobs this time, I just was thinking gee there are sooo many FUZZES that a FUzz maniac could go easily into a Frenzy-buying spree and end up "deaf" before testing all existing FUZZES.

So can any FUZZ Maniacs list the best top list FUZZES and explain how one FUZZ is better than the thousand others..?

Just heard the Tortuga FUZZEs: YEti, Sasquash, etc.. they all sounded almost the same to me... FUZZY not Smooth creamy unless you take the FUZZ-hairs off.

it seems the major catagories are
    maestro
    tonebender type
    fuzz face type
    muff type
    ratt type ?
    crazy,broken occilating variations
    there are definitely overlaps and variation sin those cat.s(si/ge etc) and some come from the progression of the others design but it seems as though you can atleast start there...
    "My son, guitar obssesion is not an ill...it is a blessing. As are the nudy photos...hahaha...Halleluiah" - Reverend Murphy

I'd expect numero uno to be - Zvex Fuzz Factory

But that's just me.

I haven't tried all the classics. But I have always loved the OCTAFUZZ. Out of the ones I have tried I like
    Coily Fuzz
    Lovepedal BBB
    Octafuzz
    Blackout effectors twosome
    Analog Alien 45
    Goldtop fuzz/vibe

I'm a DAM fuzz freak and they're only sold on the DAM forum/eBay, but I can't lie .... I really love the Drag'nFly for my live board.
    Also really dig my DAM MKII Tonebender that I did buy from Toyz back when he was the US dealer (DAM since went solo, no US dealers).
    I have an original early EH (Triangle) Big Muff that is the shizz.
    Also enjoy my Proanalog Scary face, which is a Ge Fuzz Face copy.
    Liked the BJFE Candy Apple Fuzz a lot.
    Chicago Octavian was bad-ass.
    Oh, and I still have my Fulltone Soulbender, great pedal with a massively beautiful low-end.

Plus, I like ANY fuzz that Mike Hermans demo's for Toyz. They all sound good in his golden mitts.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY SELLING: http://www.musictoyzforums.com/showt...096#post359096

-More discourse, less intercourse.

-A critic is to an artist as an ornithologist is to a bird.

gonna throw in Bob McBroom's PedalworX fuzzes, the McFuzz and Bender Over Under are some really good fuzzes.

I kept all the Roger Mayer spaceship enclosure fuzzes, kept the RonSound stuff as well. Added two JMI fuzzes, a Tonebender and Supa-Fuzz, and the Analogman Astro Fuzz

I like fuzz pedals, but I'm not in complete lust with them the way some guys are. I've got a good Tonebender clone (Aramat Effects Soul Patch) and a Jordan Bosstone clone (Voodoo Labs Superfuzz), as well as a green '90s Russian Big Muff and an original '70s Big Muff Pi. All of those are good pedals that do different things, but I still would like a Fuzz Face or FF clone to round out the fuzz category.

What I'd really like is a list of all the current fuzz pedals and what they are clones of.

Quote Originally Posted by cognition View Post
    Aramat
    like a Fuzz Face or FF clone to round out the fuzz category.
    I actually had a couple of Keiths Mojo Fuzzes. they were very good FF pedals if you ever run across one.... AC 128's

Bender Over Under?
    Hell, I'd buy that for the name alone!
    What happened to that one?
    I do love my Fuzzfactory, and I've got a Devi Ever Houndstooth that is fun ( although my son has taken it)
    I've been jonesing a tonebender...I know the Mark II is the "classic" but I'm kinda digging the Mark I too...Ronsonesque
    MHerman, you like the Alien Analouge alot? I was thinking of it for my son for his b'day...?
    "My son, guitar obssesion is not an ill...it is a blessing. As are the nudy photos...hahaha...Halleluiah" - Reverend Murphy

+ Reply to Thread