+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Tele?

Default Which Tele?

I couldn't keep my eyes off this one, and I keep wanting it: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=512138

Meanwhile, there's this one too, and people seem to like it: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=510062

I like the nitro finish on the first one better, butI'm wondering about the soapbar. Is it a good option, or will it take the best tone away? Will the Lollar Firebird fit in that slot?

Are there any other models I should consider?
    Last edited by tonesponge; 02-08-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Roadworn teles are nice...neck was to die for...

K-lines and Danocasters are also worth considering...

Chow,
    Seegs

I really like the vintage hot rod teles. The only thing I don't like is I believe they come with the vintage wiring which needs to be changed to modern right away.

AS for the k-lines and danocasters. Danocasters are supposed to be awesome but expensive and near impossible to get your hands on. The K-lines can be found through a dealer and they do sound pretty good for around the same price as the guitars your looking at.

I am personally having a revelator guitar built for me that should be awesome when completed.

www.revelatorguitarworks.com

The Hot Rod teles are very attractive, but I would sooner make my own from parts. USACG all the way and get exactly what you want!
    -meedley meedley woooOOOo-

Danocaster's are hard to get, but last time I looked Dan wasn't selling them for much more than the Vintage Hot Rod tele, I think around $1,850. Maybe used prices are higher. They sound and play great and are a very nice weight. Mine quickly took over my number one spot.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/guitars/nash.php

Nash all the way! Teddy has great prices too!
    2012...Let's do this

Quote Originally Posted by JackButler View Post
    http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/guitars/nash.php

Nash all the way! Teddy has great prices too!
    I just demoed the Nash T-52 in Butterscotch Blonde for Teddy. It sounded AMAZING! I don't know what he does, but it sounded better than my tele. Nash from Teddy WILL be my next guitar. I'll probably get one that has very light wear on it. The sound impressed me more than the worn in look..... But the worn in look was pretty cool too....

Quote Originally Posted by MHermans View Post
    I just demoed the Nash T-52 in Butterscotch Blonde for Teddy. It sounded AMAZING! I don't know what he does, but it sounded better than my tele. Nash from Teddy WILL be my next guitar. I'll probably get one that has very light wear on it. The sound impressed me more than the worn in look..... But the worn in look was pretty cool too....
    That's the way it was with the Nash Strat I have. I went into the store to demo a pedal and they handed me the Nash to use. Immediately forgot about the pedal. The Nash sounded and felt so good, I didn't care what it looked like. I later realized how freeing it was to buy a guitar that had been aged and already had chips and dings. Both my Nash and my Danocaster sound great, but I do like Dan's relicing better. It's more natural looking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MHermans View Post
    HA!!! That's awesome! Me and Mhermans officially have the same taste in gear.....For me the last 3 years now, it's been Nash, Lovepedal, Maz18. Everything else is just for fun....Now if only i had near the talent.

Enjoy, Mike. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread