+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, Tremelo pedal? Voxy pedal?

Default Ok, Tremelo pedal? Voxy pedal?

What's an affordable vintage toned trem pedal these days?
    While we're at it, how's about A VOXY PEDAL AS WELL?
    2012...Let's do this

Ibanez TL-5 was a good trem pedal... one of the 3 I loved from the soundtank series... I liked the EM-5 EchoMachine(a classic), the BN-5 Black Noise Distortion (very industrial saturated noisy beast) and the TL-5 which was in the same league as the EM-5 in terms of sound if you ask me.

My fave trem has always been the Guyatone Tube Tremolo. Got it from Teddy many years back.
    I know there's been a ton of trems to come along since, they may be better and certainly some r quite more advanced,
    but I've been very happy with the sound of the Guyatone.
    For a Voxy style trem you must check out the Vox Cooltron trem that came out a few yrs ago.
    They are discontinued and likely sell for pretty cheaply. Kind of a big pedal size-wise,
    but it's the only pedal I know that nails the Vox Trem/Vib channel.
    If you're looking for Vox drive pedals, the Menatone TBIAC and the new Wampler Paisley are totally Voxy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY SELLING: http://www.musictoyzforums.com/showt...096#post359096

-More discourse, less intercourse.

-A critic is to an artist as an ornithologist is to a bird.

This thread is incomplete without the musictoyz network fulltone supatrem video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RZXr...eature=related

I don't know what you mean by "vintage toned"... there was tube bias trem (some Fender brown amps; my favorite), harmonic vibrato (some brown amps, sort of a tremolo-meets-phaser thing), opto-coupler tremolo (choppy, Fender Blackface amps).

Personally, I've been thru about a dozen trems, and my favorite is still the Monster Effects Swamp Thang, which is in the tube-bias tremolo style. I did have a Guyatone Flip & loved it, but sold it when I bought the ST. Then, just recently, I decided to try the Flip again, and didn't like it much at all. Don't know why.

Another REALLY good one is the tiny Malekko Omicron Trem. My 2nd favorite trem of all time. The only reason I didn't keep it is that it wouldn't go slow enough for me (but I like slower trem speeds, unlike most people; that's why I play an OLD VERSION Swamp Thang... the new versions only have the "fast side" of the old versions.)

The Wiggler was great too- if you can stand the EHX noise. I couldn't.

I didn't like the Supa-Trem at all.

If you want the cadillac of trems, and have a kidney to sell, check out the Effectrode Delta-Trem.

ME, I think I'm done searching for the perfect trem pedal... it doesn't exist for me. I'm just going to hold out until I buy an amp with onboard tube bias tremolo.

Definitely recommended for Vox: I have an old 5knob TBIAC [with trimmers inside] that is literally Vox in a box. Last year, in a moment of weakness, I put it up for sale. After coming to my senses, I concluded that the periodic need for Voxiness without having to drag around a musty old amp should outweigh my desire to streamline a pedal collection.
    Nobody special.

Quote Originally Posted by L*F*B View Post
    Definitely recommended for Vox: I have an old 5knob TBIAC [with trimmers inside] that is literally Vox in a box. Last year, in a moment of weakness, I put it up for sale. After coming to my senses, I concluded that the periodic need for Voxiness without having to drag around a musty old amp should outweigh my desire to streamline a pedal collection.
    Really glad you snapped out of it! I think my TBIAC would be the last pedal I would ever sell.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY SELLING: http://www.musictoyzforums.com/showt...096#post359096

-More discourse, less intercourse.

-A critic is to an artist as an ornithologist is to a bird.

I'm using the Empress. But I liked the Swamp thang for your basic trem tones. The knobs were weird on the Swamp, under 12 didn't really do anything. I was able to dial in what I needed regardless... The Demeter was nice, but was a little too choppy for me...

Bjorn Juhl's Emerald Green Distortion Machine (EGDM) is one of the best Vox like pedal. For a bang for the buck no frillsTremolo pedal I like the VooDoo Labs Tremolo, sounded a lot like the one on my vintage Deluxe Reverb.

The Swamp Thang is fantastic for no frills, but a Catalinbread stereo Semaphore is mighty impressive. You`d have to be serious about trem, but in that price range, there`s the Cusack Tap-a-Whirl too. So cool...
    -meedley meedley woooOOOo-

+ Reply to Thread