+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Gear and Music Accomplishments !

Default 2011 Gear and Music Accomplishments !

ok...so here we are a week from 2011....who remembers Y2K...that was 10 yrs ago. Time is flying...

What is your goals for the new year....gear wise...playing wise...personally....

Me I have a ton of stuff to finish here at work for Musictoyz.com and the launch of the themiccloset.com

I also want to record 6 or 7 tunes this year and make videos for them.....

Lose 10 more lbs and I will weigh 215 exactly what I weighted in HS ...I have big birthday coming !

Y2K - lol! I think I joined the toyz forum about that time.

I think in 2011 I'll make the ultimate 'gear' purchase. My wife and I are gonna try to buy a house.
    Gar Nals ship is not in it's hangar.

http://soundcloud.com/klasaine

Gearwise, I need a new wah...other than that I'm feeling a little piggish right now...but I'm sure Namm coverage, and being facebook friendies with Catalinbread,etc will cure that...
    playingwise, generally improve- I want to get better at writing and more importantly recording songs-maybe do some soloish things that are a bit outside my recent blues/rock thing...
    healthwise, I need to drop at least 10-15 lbs - before it gets away from me ( some would say it has)
    "My son, guitar obssesion is not an ill...it is a blessing. As are the nudy photos...hahaha...Halleluiah" - Reverend Murphy

A few revelations- I will never seak out or buy another Dumble style/ clone amp again. They sound great, but a few quirks that annoy me.
    I got my second Suhr Modern and although I'm a Strat guy, the Suhrs rule.....awesome guitars
    Got a 1969 NMV Marshall clone incoming from Mouradian, a Queens, NY guy, now in Fla, making Marshall amps to fanatical detail.
    I'll be looking for a great distortion pedal in a few months. Plimsoul? Riot? or the Providence Sonic Drive or Heat Blaster.

Gearwise: Two more VHD cablesand my rig will be done; a pedal amp switcher by Radial engineering.
    Guitars: probably a nice SG in another color or a Michael Kelly, only one with rosewood fretboards. Amp wise:Not really looking.
    Healhwise: Keep my belly under control (more Wii time).
    I ´ve decided to write all my defects on paper.

Main objective here... getting things back in order with the finances(had to buy a car a couple of months sooner than I expected... screwed the budget good for a while)

Family project... getting everyone in the gym once again as we used to before the little one came along.. .now she's diaper free so it will be possible to get that good healthy habit back in for everyone.

Music wise... still same as last year... getting back into recording my music... closely related to getting issue #1 cleared.

2011....hmmmm

Gear: I am going to get Plexi/JMP style 1/2 stack.

Playing: I ordered 'Rock Discipline' and am determined to become and actual player, vs. my current lack of chops!

Make it as big as possible with my two 'main' bands, finish my demo's soon, make videos and become an expert in online promotion It's a necessary evil so I decided to go for it as well as possible.

Gear-wise: get a great touring rig together with the sound that's in my head which I think either means to add a fender style amp or switch to Hiwatt or similar.

Health-wise: Work out a LOT more! Can't be a rock star without being a sex symbol, right?
    ----------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    www.facebook.com/angeloboltini - Solo Page
    http://www.facebook.com/forthebirdsnl - Band Page

Gearwise: nothing major, although im sure some thing will change

Bandwise: last year we recorded a CD, it has to be mixed yet, we hope to release it in March. Promoting that CD and get as much as possible.

Personally: i've set myself some goals on health, music, profession and self development.

It's going to be an exciting year and I wish everyone all the best!
    Kick out the jams!!

Gear Wise: Change the strat to 11-52 tuned down a 1/2 step. Get a dedicated clip on tuner for my acoustic.

Playing: I want to get on stage and jam with Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters (hey why not dream!!)

Personally: Take better care of my health and appreciate all the great family and friends I have.

+ Reply to Thread