+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Telecaster

Default My new Telecaster

I'm in the process of purchasing this CS Tele. I've always loved the '52 butterscotch Tele with the iconic black guard...but couldn't live with the tacky finish on the back of the neck, the 7.25" radius and tiny vintage frets. This Tele comes from the Custom Shop with a Nocaster U-shaped neck with 9.5" radius and 6105 frets. The Joe Barden bridge is loaded with a custom wound Lollar Vintage Tele p/u....neck p/u is also from Jason Lollar. The guitar weighs in at a fraction under 7 pounds and rings like a bell.

Gonna try to upload some pics for the first time now so here goes nuthin'!

The pics came out great, so I'm liking this new software.

And more improtantly, loving the guitar!
    Good luck and I look fwd. to hearing more about it once you get it in your hands.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY SELLING: http://www.musictoyzforums.com/showt...096#post359096

-More discourse, less intercourse.

-A critic is to an artist as an ornithologist is to a bird.

Blues, this Tele looks great!!! Congrats.

Blues - blasphemous or not, I'm all about classic looks with modern playability. My relic Daphne Blue Strat has a Callaham bridge, a 12" radius with 6105 fret wire and Lollar Blondes. Cool Tele you have coming. I wish my Tele had that neck on it! I will look forward to a full report once you have it in hand!

I'll be the only one to ask but what is written on the keychain/pick holder (second picture) ? I collect those as part of my pick collection, so I had to ask heck I even have some of those keychain custom printed. Just not clear enough to see if I have that one already or if that's another one I need to look out for.

Cool guitar I love those 3 saddles tele.

Very nice indeed; I'm thinking of going with a Lollar bridge in my Vintage Hotrod Tele. You like them, obviously...

Default My new Telecaster

Hey Glorbz,

The leather keychain is from Garrett Park guitars. Apparently this Junkyard Tele is 1 of 10 guitars commissioned from the Fender Custom Shop by Garrett Park guitars. I don't collect these so will post a clearer photo when I pick up the Tele so you can let me know if you'd like it for your collection.

Tonedog, I'm with you with regards to classic looks with modern playability...that's why I shoulda pulled the trigger on that great Suhr Antique Strat (ash, tobacco sunburst, maple neck,V54's) that Teddy sold on eBay last week...talk about he who hesitates is a dumbass!! I have a pair of great CS 50's Strats so I changed course looking for a great Tele. I was considering ordering a Suhr Classic T (butterscotch/black guard) or even a Callaham Tele (with the 24 month waiting list!!) when this beast fell into my lap!! Kismet, karma, whatever...I'm a happy man who'll be even happier this weekend when I pick her up!

Will post more photos when I have her...this new software is awesome aint it!! Thanks Teddy!!

Here's a couple more pics..
    Attached Images Attached Images

One more for the road
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmmm.... Garrett Park Guitars. Haven't been there in quite a long time. I'm gigging in Alexandria, Virginia this weekend and driving right past Annapolis, MD. It might be worthwhile to take a drive on Saturday as I'll be looking for something to do anyway. Or I could shoot up to Chuck Levin's Washington Music.

+ Reply to Thread