Closed Thread

Thread: Maxon SD9 Analogman mod or not mod?

Hi all!
    How do you guys prefer?

Scott henderson said he like Analogman's Ibanez TS9/Silver,but he also said that stock Maxon SD9 sound great...and the picture shows he using the stock Maxon SD9 on his website recently........

So....how about Analogman's SD9?
    Will it worse than the stock one,since he switch Analogman's SD9 to the stock SD9?
    ^_^

Hi all!
    How do you guys prefer?

Scott henderson said he like Analogman's Ibanez TS9/Silver,but he also said that stock Maxon SD9 sound great...and the picture shows he using the stock Maxon SD9 on his website recently........

So....how about Analogman's SD9?
    Will it worse than the stock one,since he switch Analogman's SD9 to the stock SD9?
    ^_^

I've had the Ibanez SD-9 silver mod, and it sounded great, but currently I'm using an unmodded SD-9 from 1981. It has the proper chip, and I've always gotten along fine with the stock tone control. I can't speak for Scott, but one advantage going to the Maxon over the old Ibanez is the use of True Bypass switching, even though I hear nothing wrong with the old Ibanez buffer. Personally, I'd try the Maxon stock first, then if you need a little more flexibility in the tone, go with the mod.

Mike doesn't recommend the Silver mod for the SD-9 but he will do it. I'll let you know how the modded SD-9 sounds, since I have one on order. It should be here next week. Mike's also doing an internal mids trim pot, so that should be interesting.

H
    ----------------------------------------
    All that

Cool Dan, I'd like to hear your comments on this pedal. The SD-9 is one of my top 3 favorite distortion pedals.

Yes!
    Can't wait Headshot's reveiw too~
    ^_^

Stay Tuned guys. I'll let you know what I think. Hopefully it will arrive this week! I had an Ibanez SD-9 for years, but sold it a long time ago. It was a cool pedal. I'm liking the fact that the Maxon stuff is True Bypass but retains the cool look of the 9 series.

H
    All that

Pedal shipped out yesterday! Should be here by the weekend. Time to fire up the Pro Tools and get ready to make some clips.

H
    All that

I actually reordered a turbo tubescreamer ts9dx with the silver mod and mode mod. The + setting on a ts9dx is so good. In + mode it adds a good amount more of bass so I guess perhaps the compression is lessened a bit? Regardless, this is the only pedal I regret selling and it is time to get it back. anyone had any experience with this model/setting?

Closed Thread