Closed Thread

Thread: Upgraded Peavey Valveking Royal 8 All Tube Amp

Here is an upgraded Peavey Valveking Royal 8 all tube amp. It's rated at 5 watts but it's very loud. This amp is practically brand new. I got my hands on this December 2006. I was curious about it that's why I searched high and low for one. It's a great little amp. Perfect for practice, recording and home use. Even some of the stores don't have this one yet. Stock it sounded ok. I did some upgrades to it and this thing sounds just so much better now. Not a noisy amp at all. Very true to your tone. I re-tubed it with vintage NOS EL84 and 12AX7 tubes. These are the real tubes as compared to the current production junk these days. I replaced the speaker with a top of the line Jensen P8R with Alnico magnet. These upgrades made it sound smooth with a nice breakup and clearer. The clean is nice and warm. It now has a nice growl to it. The gain & tone controls are much more responsive after the upgrades. The upgrades alone cost me a good deal. Vintage NOS tubes can get expensive. This amp is in pristine condition. Maybe has about 2 hours of use. I will include the stock tubes and speaker if you want them. This is a great price for an upgraded amp. I've done the work for you. Plug and Play!!! Asking $250 obo. Email me at dualband@comcast.net
    Thanks.

Here is an upgraded Peavey Valveking Royal 8 all tube amp. It's rated at 5 watts but it's very loud. This amp is practically brand new. I got my hands on this December 2006. I was curious about it that's why I searched high and low for one. It's a great little amp. Perfect for practice, recording and home use. Even some of the stores don't have this one yet. Stock it sounded ok. I did some upgrades to it and this thing sounds just so much better now. Not a noisy amp at all. Very true to your tone. I re-tubed it with vintage NOS EL84 and 12AX7 tubes. These are the real tubes as compared to the current production junk these days. I replaced the speaker with a top of the line Jensen P8R with Alnico magnet. These upgrades made it sound smooth with a nice breakup and clearer. The clean is nice and warm. It now has a nice growl to it. The gain & tone controls are much more responsive after the upgrades. The upgrades alone cost me a good deal. Vintage NOS tubes can get expensive. This amp is in pristine condition. Maybe has about 2 hours of use. I will include the stock tubes and speaker if you want them. This is a great price for an upgraded amp. I've done the work for you. Plug and Play!!! Asking $250 obo. Email me at dualband@comcast.net
    Thanks.

Closed Thread