PDA

View Full Version : Do you like vibe before or after OD?

03-29-2002, 02:13 AM
How many prefer their vibe before overdrive pedals? Tell us why

03-29-2002, 02:13 AM
How many prefer their vibe before overdrive pedals? Tell us why

meterman
03-29-2002, 02:30 AM
Well I don't have a vibe but I do have a Phase90, which can sound 'vibish' at some settings, is that close enough? (Isn't the Univibe a type of phase shifter?) Anyway, I much prefer phasing before distortion, it sounds much more subtle and organic that way, smoother, whereas after distortion the Phase90 sounds very synthetic and 'gritchy'. However I have seen a picture where Jimi apparently had his vibe last in the chain, after wah, octavia and fuzz. What sounds good to you?

03-29-2002, 03:47 AM
I prefer vibe before od as well. Doesn't wash out at all. I've got a sweetsound and it's great.

clapointe
03-29-2002, 04:00 AM
I like my Vibe before all my DS/OD pedals also.

Stoney Stomp
03-29-2002, 04:23 AM
BEFORE!!! Always...otherwise, it gets that phasey spacey electronic swish monster sound. lol

Seriously though...I always put mine before..or they sound horrible.

J
03-29-2002, 04:53 AM
ditto to all as long as vibes and phasers are concerned. but i prefer flangers AFTER the OverDrive.

J.LaGrassa
03-29-2002, 12:42 PM
Before distortion!

meterman
03-29-2002, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J:
ditto to all as long as vibes and phasers are concerned. but i prefer flangers AFTER the OverDrive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, flangers definitely sound better after distortion, while clean flange is nice the OD/fuzz really brings it out and makes it more intense

What about chorus? I put my chorus after my OD/fuzzes and before my delay. I've heard that chorus/distortion sounds good but it just sounds muddy to me. Anybody put their chorus BEFORE their OD?

garyrogue
03-29-2002, 04:46 PM
I favor having vibes before OD/fuzzes and seem to like chorus and flange after.

Troy T. Blues
03-29-2002, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by meterman:

What about chorus? I put my chorus after my OD/fuzzes and before my delay. I've heard that chorus/distortion sounds good but it just sounds muddy to me. Anybody put their chorus BEFORE their OD?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

meterman, whenever I had that kind of setup, I've done exactly what you did:
After OD's and before delay.

Fingercuffs
03-30-2002, 06:04 AM
My current setup is Soubender Fuzz, Maxon Phase Tone, Mr. Ed Distortion, Boss CE-5 Chorus (or Analog Man Clone Chorus). I like the Phase Tone BEFORE my rythym pedal (Mr. Ed) and like my Chorus AFTER my Mr. Ed.

tom.Fingercuffs

dmt
03-30-2002, 06:52 AM
Wow - I'm a freak! I've tried mine before overdrive (as per Fuller's recommendation), but prefer it after.

My favorite, though (by far), is my guitar into univibe, into power tube-distorting, cranked amp! Just not as amazing at low volumes with pedals, regardless of position.