PDA

View Full Version : Beware...nightmare e-bay seller.

Ty Gerhardt
06-05-2003, 05:51 PM
The bastard left totally false negative feedback for me after I left negative feedback for him (I even gave him 5 days to respond to my e-mail I sent him about my complaint).

Here's his handle (briandquinn@hotmail.com)...beware...his other negative feedback shows a pattern of the behavior described below. I mistakenly figured 9 negative comments out of 1000 transactions couldn't be that bad, but when I read those negative comments I realized how untrue that is. If this kind of shit pisses you off...feel free to let the guy know if you are so moved.

This is my first negative after over 85 transactions and I have always prided myself on being honest and up front in my online dealings

So here's the e-mail I sent e-bay.

My name is Ty Gerhardt.

This seller left completely untrue negative feedback for me. He claims I tried to scam him by asking him to ship the pedal before the payment arrived. This is totally untrue.

I sent the payment the next day via Bid Pay (his preferred method). After a week I emailed him to see if he got the payment and if the pedal went out. I told him I had an important gig coming up and I needed it. He offered to ship it if the payment hadn't arrived by the next day. I told him that wasn't necessary but thanked him.

Several days went by and still no word. I e-mailed him and he said that he had recieved the payment but he hadn't shipped it because he had been ill.

Finally he sent it out, but it arrived in a padded envelope which is completely inappropriate packaging for such an item. Not only that, it was missing a knob (as you can see from the pic, the pedal has 3 knobs) and the LED wasn't working. None of this is mentioned in the auction...in fact it says it's in good working
condition.

I had to send the pedal off for repair to Robert Keeley (a reputable pedal repairman) and I have the reciept to prove it.

Anyway I left negative feed back for this guy and he had the nerve to leave false statements in a negative feedback comment for me. My feedback rating was perfect until this guy pulled this.

He had over 1000 transactions with only 9 negatives...I didn't think much of it...but then I read his negative feedback and apparently all of it was very similar to mine. Of course now I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner.

I have responded to his negative feedback comment, but there is hardly enough room to describe this situation.

I am highly recommending you suspend this person's e-bay privledges for any length of time you see fit and that you remove his comment from my feedback history. This is completely and totally unfair.

Sincerely

Ty Gerhardt

You see your own taint?...I'm calling a chiropractor!

Ty Gerhardt
06-05-2003, 05:51 PM
The bastard left totally false negative feedback for me after I left negative feedback for him (I even gave him 5 days to respond to my e-mail I sent him about my complaint).

Here's his handle (briandquinn@hotmail.com)...beware...his other negative feedback shows a pattern of the behavior described below. I mistakenly figured 9 negative comments out of 1000 transactions couldn't be that bad, but when I read those negative comments I realized how untrue that is. If this kind of shit pisses you off...feel free to let the guy know if you are so moved.

This is my first negative after over 85 transactions and I have always prided myself on being honest and up front in my online dealings

So here's the e-mail I sent e-bay.

My name is Ty Gerhardt.

This seller left completely untrue negative feedback for me. He claims I tried to scam him by asking him to ship the pedal before the payment arrived. This is totally untrue.

I sent the payment the next day via Bid Pay (his preferred method). After a week I emailed him to see if he got the payment and if the pedal went out. I told him I had an important gig coming up and I needed it. He offered to ship it if the payment hadn't arrived by the next day. I told him that wasn't necessary but thanked him.

Several days went by and still no word. I e-mailed him and he said that he had recieved the payment but he hadn't shipped it because he had been ill.

Finally he sent it out, but it arrived in a padded envelope which is completely inappropriate packaging for such an item. Not only that, it was missing a knob (as you can see from the pic, the pedal has 3 knobs) and the LED wasn't working. None of this is mentioned in the auction...in fact it says it's in good working
condition.

I had to send the pedal off for repair to Robert Keeley (a reputable pedal repairman) and I have the reciept to prove it.

Anyway I left negative feed back for this guy and he had the nerve to leave false statements in a negative feedback comment for me. My feedback rating was perfect until this guy pulled this.

He had over 1000 transactions with only 9 negatives...I didn't think much of it...but then I read his negative feedback and apparently all of it was very similar to mine. Of course now I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner.

I have responded to his negative feedback comment, but there is hardly enough room to describe this situation.

I am highly recommending you suspend this person's e-bay privledges for any length of time you see fit and that you remove his comment from my feedback history. This is completely and totally unfair.

Sincerely

Ty Gerhardt

You see your own taint?...I'm calling a chiropractor!

saline
06-05-2003, 06:31 PM
http://musictoyz.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://musictoyz.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Just axe the ass kiss

Big Star
06-06-2003, 04:15 PM
I cannot believe you got involved with this sort of riff raff. Did I not tell you to be careful?
(okay, I never said a word...but I MEANT to!)

I thought I told you to "buy my Arion flanger" if you want that BIG commercial sound. Why wont you purchase my vintage flanger for that BIG sound? I have no idea...how could you pick a coconut over a German made Aryan?...the Krauts are known as excellent flangers!

Man, at least you got the pedal...one time, a guy emailing me for an item I was pretending to sell on EBay...boy was he pissed when I just kept all the money and sent him some soft soap story of how I was 'developmentaly disabled'...

I think my spelling made a believer out of him...I still have that pedal if anyone wants to pretend to buy it! http://musictoyz.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I learned all this stuff from SKITTLES.."he taught me good, Lord -- taught me all I know!...Oh, I got that gold, and I left his dead ass lying by the side of the road..."

Ty, I would not worry much about your little situation...and never buy from a hotmail or yahoo email address, btw...
http://musictoyz.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

If you heard me play guitar, you would cry.

JohnPhoberty
09-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Sell me a rubber ****